Charlotte Team Building & Training Corporate Team Building & Training in Charlotte
Charlotte is one of the 25 largest cities in the United States and also the largest city in North Carolina. Interestingly, Charlotte was founded in 1768 at the intersection of two Native American trading paths and named after the wife of British King George III. Charlotte is also home to over 10 Fortune 1000 companies, which makes it an import location for corporate team building. To take full advantage of the many opportunities Charlotte has to offer, consider using team building to get more out of your meeting or conference.
3 ways Charlotte Team Building Can Help Your Business
Develop high potential leaders:
In today’s fast-paced ever-changing environment, succession planning is a key concern for nearly every organization and business. This means that identifying and developing your high potential leaders is more important than ever. So how can you accelerate this process? During a 4-year engagement with APM Terminals (a division of Mersk Incorporated located in Charlotte, NC), we designed and continually delivered a 5-day leadership program that reinforced the organizations core values, targeted key leadership skills, and developed critical interpersonal skills. This was a leadership laboratory where team-building exercises were used to simulate real-life situations and stimulate relevant discussions. As a result, the training was more engaging, the topics were more current, and the impact was more immediate.
Focus on effective strategic planning:
Strategy is a lot like a mission statement… there’s the version that you display on the wall, and the reality that you live. The problem is that if your strategic plan is not being lived, you will likely be blindsided by inaccurate planning. The ability to ask the right questions and collect the right data is critical for this process. Our recent work with the DEB Group (Charlotte, North Carolina) is a great example of how we can streamline this process by focusing on direct applications. And to put this to the test, team-building exercises are the perfect tool to challenge and engage the group. As a result, the final strategic plan is more robust and accurate.
Develop negotiation & influencing skills:
An important skill set for most leaders is the ability to negotiate and influence others. This doesn’t mean we always have to win, but rather to be able to drive and influence important decisions that result in positive outcomes. Interestingly, these skills are just as import with external relations as they are to relationships within the team. Our work with Bank of America, Charlotte, North Carolina, is a great example of how we train and develop these skills. Since our objective is to put these skills into practice, team building exercises provide a valuable testing ground. By providing feedback from both instructors and peers, the group also has the opportunity to begin developing a feedback rich environment that is carried back to work. Always remember, What I hear, I forget… What I see, I remember… What I do, I understand.” Xunzi (340 – 245 BC).
Team Building Should be about Outcomes
- Alignment: Getting teams rowing in the same direction, toward common goals with clear expectations and a communication process that accommodates change.
- Assimilation: Building common ground and helping everyone feel part of the team by discovering shared vision and values.
- Experience: Helping increase awareness, challenge your perspective, and establish a common history that everyone can draw upon.
- Development: Enabling people to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses while creating opportunities to test, practice, and refine new behaviors.
- Collaboration: Creating an open and trusting environment where everyone is engaged, contributes, and feels valued by the team.
Other Popular Charlotte Team Building Programs
- Outdoor team building
- Mentor protégé training
- Mid Managers leadership retreat
- Leadership skills for executive teams
- Managing a union-based labor force
- Building customer loyalty
- Five Factor personality profiles
- Continuous improvement through team performance
Why Choose Learning Technologies?
We take the time to really understand your organizational culture, leadership style, and internal challenges. We strive to build on best practices that you already have in place while addressing components that may be lacking or missing. For training to be effective, it needs to address real and current needs, which encourages engagement and promotes direct application. When evaluating any training, always ask, “Is this relevant to our work?”
We customize every program so you don’t waste valuable training time. Especially in today’s world, there’s an almost endless amount of information regarding any topic. Rather than bombarding your people an information overload, provide them with the specific tools they really need to do their jobs both effectively and efficiently. We believe that it’s far better to leave a session with a few critical behaviors that will actually change rather than a huge manual full of theories that simply sits on a shelf.
Our goal is to help you better succeed as a business by complimenting your management style and reinforcing your core messages. We strive to design training programs that address your specific business drivers. Training is not just about developing skills; it’s about impacting the bottom line of your business.
We are seasoned business professionals who understand your challenges. Our consultants have years of business experience and have worked first-hand at addressing many of the challenges you currently face. For us, training is not an academic exercise, but rather a business proposition. We understand your needs and challenges because we’ve been there.
We focus on helping you actually improve your business results, rather than just delivering training. We challenge people and teams to not just do things differently, but to do what will help drive the business. By developing your people, you are investing in one of the most valuable assets in your organization. Remember, development is important, but results are absolutely essential!
Charlotte Training Locations
- Lake Norman, Charlotte, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training, sailing
- Ridgecrest Retreat Center, Charlotte, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Renaissance, Charlotte, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Marriott City Center, Charlotte, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- The Ballantyne, Charlotte, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, Charlotte, NC – Team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, Charlotte, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- The Lodge at Ballantyne, Charlotte, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training
- Park Road Park, Charlotte, NC – Outdoor team building, corporate retreats, leadership training