- July 22, 2017
- Posted by: LTI
- Category: Team Building
When done properly, team building activities are rewarding, challenging, fun, and most of all, produce results. Your participants come back to work with a renewed sense of camaraderie and self-worth, which translates into innovation and productivity.
But poorly planned events, or team-building activities that fall into the dreaded category of “mandatory fun,” can easily become aimless, inconclusive, and deliver few if any results.
Our team building planner helps ensure that your next event avoids those dreaded pitfalls! Using the following five steps, divided into two phases, can help ensure that you stay on track.
Steps 1-3: Purpose
Team building should never happen “just because.” These 3 steps will help ensure that you have a clear and relevant purpose for the event, and a level of detail that will help you attain those results.
- Step 1: Goals and Expectations. What do you want to accomplish as a result of this event?
- Step 2: Details and Logistics. When, where, who, and how? Also, how will you pay for it?
- Step 3: Venue and Activity Requirements. Your venue needs are largely determined by the “tone” of the program, defined by its content and success factors.
Steps 4-5: Execution
With the goals and logistics for the program as a guide, you can shift your attention to the day-of the event, including set-up and operations.
- Step 4: Design and Staffing. Start focusing on what you’ll actually do: make an agenda and find great staff.
- Step 5: Final Plan. Arrange for last-minute details and things you forgot: breaks, required tools (like AV equipment) and more.
A well-planned program is more than a fun day away from the office: it changes a team at a foundational level, helping them collaborate and deliver more effectively.
Need help planning your next team-building event? Contact LTI today!